Friday, October 3, 2014

Week 41 San Juan de Maguana: Duh... soccer


Well family and friends this is going to be a very short email! The whole week my comp and me were stuck in the house. Last week we were playing football. Sorry, I can remember what that sport is called. (Duh… soccer) With Latinos in the house, you play lots of football. Anyway, my comp sprained his ankle really badly. So because of that we have stayed in the house this week to let him heal. I have gone out with the zone leaders almost every night and been able to get one or two lessons in. But apart from 7:30 to 9 every night, I have been in the house.  There was one elder here who had a bunch of those funny Mormon movies, like Singles Ward, and Mobsters and Mormons, and The RM, so those were fun to watch. They are particularly funny when you happen to be a missionary. Elder J and I also played lots of chess and got into some deep scripture studies.  
But yeah, that was my week. Then Saturday we got transfer calls and my comp is leaving. I’m pretty sad that I only got one transfer with him because got along super well and had a ton of fun. I also learned a lot from him, but now I’m getting a new comp. His name is Elder Qu and he is from Peru. He will end his mission in 3 months so I might be here in San Juan for a long time.
 I love you all and hope you all have a good week. 

Love,
Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment