Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 89: La Fe: Training Again

Hi Family,

Okay, so my week: This week was very interesting. It kind of had some let downs and some good parts. First off is that D and N have been progressing very well towards baptism, but this Saturday was supposed to be their interview. Unfortunately, I had to go translate for the US Navy and they didn’t show up for their interview, so their baptism will have to be postponed.
But the good thing is that translating was a lot of fun! I was in the physical therapy part so I was just teaching people how to do stretches and stuff. The most interesting person was a thirteen-year-old kid who was super short and didn’t have any movement in his hand or arm, so we had to help him learn how to stretch it out using his other arm. The lady who I was translating for was Australian. After I translated for her she asked me where I got my accent. She told me that I don’t have an American accent anymore! :( It was a heart breaking moment. Not much of my Americanism remains! And it was the Australian telling me that I have a funny accent!!! Anyway, it was sad. But then I talked to this Hermana who had to translate in women’s health and it sounded like they had a worse time. Hahah! Anyway, I’m out of time to write, but just so you know, I’m training again. I’ll let you know how my kid is next week. 


Elder Stark



No comments:

Post a Comment