Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 33 Santo Domingo: Happy Birthday Jake!


Dear Family,

Wow, so this week has absolutely flown by! I’m more or less healed of the chikungunya, but for some reason this virus leaves you with bad joint pain afterwards. So I’ve got a bit of joint pain.  Mostly it’s in the morning, but by the time we finish studying, I’m ready to go. So this week we have been working a lot with a kind name J. He is 19 and is a super relaxed, fun guy. He was investigating the church before, but got scared when the baptism date came. About 3 weeks ago he showed up at church and said, “Hey! I’m ready to start taking the lessons again and get ready for baptism.”  We were like, okay! We can help you with that!!!! He’s really great and understands everything right as we teach it, which, you know is pretty nice. We teach him about 3 times a week and he is progressing quickly! Last week he asked us, “So when are you going to put a baptism date with me?” So of course we responded, “well right now!” He will probably get baptized the 26th of August.

I have been studying that book you guys sent me, Articles of Faith. It is one of my favorite books and I am devouring it. I love it! Who would of that that I’d be here freaking out over a gospel doctrine book?  I guess crazy stuff happens in the mission! Personal study is one of my favorite hours of the day here. I love learning more, and having my understanding increase. We were also able to contact the B family again. They were off the radar for a bit and weren’t answering their phone. So we decided to use some ingenuity. The 1st counselor of the bishopric has an iPhone so we used an app called “whatsup” and sent a message with our fotos and re-established communication. Haha, technology rocks!!!! I actually read a talk about how technology is here to help establish the kingdom of God and it’s very true. We are also making great progress with J M. He told us again that he will soon be an active member of the church. He is a great investigator! Another awesome thing that happened this week is yesterday we had a lesson with P and Y with the mission president present. We set it all up and the president came. We also had the bishop and his wife there! It was a lesson about eternal marriage. And so we, the missionaries, didn’t do anything more then introduce the subject. Then the President and P and the bishop and his wife talked and taught the whole thing! It was a super spiritual moment for P and Y. They are trying to get to the point of celestial marriage, and to have the president his wife, and the bishop and his wife, testify of the power of a temple marriage was fantastic! I loved it and am very grateful that I have this blessing in my home!

And yeah that’s my week. Happy birthday, Jake! I love you bro! Stay strong these last 10 days! Love you all.

Stay strong and I'll see you soon.

Elder Bailey Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment