Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 30 Santo Domingo: I love this place


Dear family,

Wow, so this week... parts flew by and other parts dragged on. But hey, that’s life right? I just want all of you to know that I love this place. It is so awesome, even if it feels like I’m getting cooked when I wake up. Hahaha. But one plus is, from what I’ve heard, this summer has been pretty dry, which means it’s hotter, but we don’t have to walk in the rain.  There’s no way to win!  But anyway, we had tons of success this week. 

So we started out the week with a crazy packed day on Tuesday. We were able to have members in all of our lessons that day. I don’t know how it happened, but somehow we got members in every lesson!  We also got 3 references from the 3 kids of my first baptism. We also had a lesson with JM. He’s kind of a new investigator, but is super great. He really loves our church and wants to join. The only problem is his girlfriend goes to the Catholic Church and wants him to get married with her in the Catholic Church. We will continue to work with him. Anyway, we had a really good lesson with him and a member of the bishopric. It was just a super great lesson with a really strong spirit. We also had another super great lesson that day. It was with the C family. They are a really great family. It is E and A, and it’s super cool because A has a brother who is a bishop in the stake. We are working with them to get them to church.

On Wednesday we had interviews with President Nuckols, which was super cool because it was the first time. So we showed up and waited for our turn. While my companion was being interviewed, I talked with the mission president’s wife, which was fun because she doesn’t know any Spanish. I kind of feel bad for her, but that’s where we all start.

This week we also had a lesson with E and H. Wow, these guys are made of gold! They are getting baptized this transfer for sure. They need to attend church two times and then they are good to go! I love them and they are so funny. They have a 2-month-old baby and they are so paranoid of mosquitos. Anyway, we showed up at their house and H opened the door wearing his wife’s headband, holding a tennis racket electric bug zapper thing.  It was just super funny! So they are our second family that is ready for baptism. The first is P and Y! We had another lesson with them Sunday and they are super ready for baptism. They have a date for August 9th and will make it! 

Well, I love you all. Stay strong and I’ll see you next week! 

Elder Bailey Stark





No comments:

Post a Comment