Thursday, December 26, 2013

Week 3 MTC: Christmas in the MTC


Dear family,

This will be a shorter email because my companion injured his knee, and we were in the doctor’s office during some of our computer time. Luckily it’s nothing too bad. Life here is good. I've made lots of good friends. So today I did laundry and went to the temple. Then I got a haircut and played Frisbee. So that’s about it for today.
Okay, so Christmas Eve we had a bunch of singing and stuff, which was great. On Christmas morning all the senior missionaries came down and sang to us and we sang back to them. They gave us little gift baskets, which was super nice. We had French toast for breakfast and that was super good. We had an awesome devotional from a seventy, named Elder Cornish. He has a 29-year old son named Reed who has Down syndrome.  He is incredibly high functioning and he played sports with us! Anyway, then we had lunch and another devotional by the area 70 and his family. It was super sweet. Then more singing and dinner. After dinner, we had the best devotional of my life by David A. Bednar. It was a live broadcast from the Provo MTC. Dad, I really think you should find it and show it to new missionaries or even the priest quorum. It answered like a dozen different prayers I've been having!!! Anyway, then we did a white elephant gift exchange where I got an air horn. It might be useful out in the field, but I don’t think I can use it in the MTC... I’m out numbered in here!  We finished the day with Christ videos. It was a super awesome day!!
 I just wanted to let you all know how much you mean to me. Dad you are my inspiration and my biggest fan. Thank you! Mom, all you did for back home means the world to me now that I'm away. I love you so much! Jake, you are my role model. Thank you for being my big brother! Owen, I miss my best friend. Stay strong buddy! Mary, I love you sooo much. Make sure you don't get too sassy! And Henry, stay happy buddy. You are the coolest kid ever! Merry Christmas everybody.

Love you so much!

 Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment