Thursday, January 2, 2014

Week 4 MTC: Happy Birthday Dad!!!


Dear family,

So this week was a normal week. Our district got to go contacting at the university, but I wasn't able to go because of my companion’s injured knee. It was a little bit of a bummer, but hey, that’s life. We have started playing a game with the Uno cards that you sent me with. We sit in a circle and we draw cards and do as many pushups as are on the card. It sounds silly, but it’s a lot of fun! We play that most nights with usually five guys.
We had to say goodbye to the elders and sisters headed to
Jamaica. They were super cool so it was sad to see them go. Also we had
a great devotional by Elder Holland that was broadcasted from Provo. Super cool! The MTC devotionals are fantastic. I think you should look into them Dad! The next day, after the Jamaicans left, we had the older North
Americans and Latinos leave so it was just our district here for New Year’s Eve and New Years. By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!
On New Year’s Eve, got this one elder rolling on the floor because he was laughing so hard. I don’t even remember the joke but it was funny to see someone laughing that hard!! On New Year’s Day the MTC president and his counselors took us to an American fast food chain restaurant. That was awesome! It felt just like a retro burger joint. It was fantastic! We also had a new group of Latino elders show up and we got pizza for dinner so it was a great day.
I’ve got one teacher here at the MTC who is amazing. His name is
Hermano N. and he is super funny. He always quotes movies and makes
Jokes, but at the same time is a super caring guy. My Spanish is coming along. I go on splits tomorrow, so I hope it’s good enough. Anyway, that was my week. Let me know what you did for dad’s birthday, and what you guys have been up to.

Love,

Elder Stark




No comments:

Post a Comment