Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Week 92: La Fe: No Power and Sleeping on Cardboard

Hola,

This week has been pretty tough for me. They cut the light to our house so I’ve been wandering around like an orphan sleeping at a different missionary house every night. Now, it may not seem like a big deal to have the power cut, but when its 99% humidity and 90 degrees at night... Well, it’s impossible to sleep without a fan! But anyway, I’ve had to sleep on the floor almost every day this week. The first night I had a towel and a bed sheet for a bed, so I just threw it on the floor and slept. That was rough because I didn’t have a pillow, but I got it covered the next night with a nice cardboard box. Count your blessings! :) It’s actually more comfortable than you’d think. Then we started going to another elder’s house that has two extra mattresses. The only problem is that they live a bit far away, but hey, vale la pena. Anyway, it hasn’t affected my energy at all, but it’s kind of getting to my comp.
But there is some good news; D and N got baptized this last week. We had 8 baptisms as a district! Pretty good. I was really proud of my district. We have been working hard and at the same trying to find a new house to rent because where we live right now sucks! Anyway, I’ve been loving the mission tons and while I can’t wait to see all of you, I love it here, so I’m going to make the most of my time left!


Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment