Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 64: San Jaun de Maguana: Finishing out the area

Hey mom and dad,

I loved your emails. I’m sad you guys are all sick. Remember to get a blessing, mom. Also the next time you send a package, could you send me a little oil container? I lost mine. Sorry. 
Also mom and dad, next week I should be telling you where my new area is. I could stay, but I doubt it because I have a lot of time here. I now have enough time in the mission that I have heard a bit about all of the areas in the mission so wherever I go, I will be able to tell you guys about it. I mostly just want to go to the capital, I’m sick of branches and districts that don’t work right, but a donde me mande irĂ©. 
This week was pretty boring. I have been going through a time where I just feel like I’ve been in the same place forever. It’s been tough not to just go through the motions, but what I did in my district meeting is I put a goal as a district to have 1000 contacts in the week. In other words, each companionship will have to talk to 250 people a day and I made it a competition so we shall see who can win. But that has got me working really hard which is good for my last week in San Juan!
Being a district leader can be a little tough, especially with sisters, but it really is a lot of fun. You grow to love the missionaries a lot more as a district leader. I really do enjoy being the district leader, even if it is a bit tough. I actually have the district meeting this Tuesday and I’m going to make it all about contacting. 
There was a kind of funny moment yesterday. I was in a lesson with this guy named A who was an investigator of the sisters, but he was super flirty with one of them so we started teaching him. This bee kept buzzing around so I hit it with a pamphlet and then at the end of the lesson I picked it up because I thought it was dead and was going to through it in the street. As I was saying goodbye to the investigator it stung me!!! On my ring finger. Right now my finger is super swollen. 
But yeah that was my week. I’ll write you more next week. 


Elder Stark


No comments:

Post a Comment