Friday, March 20, 2015

Week 66: Herrera: New area and Elder Holland!

Dear Family,

Wow, well there is a ton to write. So I got transferred to the center of the capital to an area called Herrera. It’s a super cool area. It’s the third oldest ward in the country and it has a huge chapel!!! Well, maybe not that big compared to our chapel back home, but huge compared to the other chapels I’ve had in the mission. Herrera is a really interesting place. It’s full of people and there are tons of hide a homes. There are just houses on top of houses. It’s very different from San Juan, but I really like it. There are lots of hills and stairs, but it’s a very cool area. It was an area of 4 missionaries but now it’s just my comp and I.
My new companion is Elder L from southern Utah near lake Powel. He is a super cool guy. He has been out 20 months. We get along super well. I was kind of worried going into a two-man house, but we have fun. I really like the way Elder L teaches. He was also the elder that trained Elder T so we have some mutual friends.
The house here in Herrera is decent, it’s definitely not like the one in San Juan, but its really cool there’s an extra bedroom and we have access to the roof. The showers aren’t as cold as I thought they would be, but its definitely not hot water.
There are some really good investigators here in Herrera. There are several that will get baptized really soon so I’m pretty excited for that. It’s cool to come into a prepared area! 
So the big, big, big news of the week is that last Thursday we had a devotional that was with Jeffrey R Holland!!! It was super, super amazing for two reasons. One was because it was the whole mission so I got to see all the friends that I’ve made in the mission, and second because it’s Elder Jeffrey R Holland!!!
So firstly it was super awesome to see everybody from the whole mission. I got to see all my friends that I have missed during my time in San Juan. I think that best was to see Elder J, my ex companion. He and I got to be really good friends and we hadn’t seen each other in like 6 months, but we email each other every once in a while and also talk on the phone. I sat next to him during the conference and it was super fun making jokes and talking about old times. He is kind of an older guy, but even though he is 7 years older then I, we are still best friends.
Then Elder Holland wow..... So we were all seated there and he came in and wow, there was such a spirit just as he walked in. He told President Nuckles that he wanted to shake everybody’s hand, so we got up line-by-line and we all got the chance to shake his hand! Super cool. He looked straight into my soul I’m pretty sure. Anyway, he didn’t send me home, so I must have made the cut :)  But Elder Holland started talking and at one point he had to step out to “call in to the quorum” and he made a really funny joke. He said that he was just going to step out and that when he came back he would tell us if we needed to run to Jackson county or not!  Super funny, but he gave a very spiritual talk and he was walking up and down the aisles as he talked and it was super cool. I’ll write you guys a little bit more of what he talked about, but we are running out of time.
Well everybody, I love you all. Hope you all had a great week and take care.

Con cariƱo,


Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment