Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 58: San Jaun de Maguana: WHY???

Dear family,

Hey I sent a few more photos you might kill me for, especially the one with the spider, but I had to do it.  I've had a super good week. We have been working really hard to strengthen this area and this branch. It’s been pretty great and we are starting to see a difference. We are going to keep going and prepare this area to be super strong!
I had an interesting experience this week. I actually had to go into the sister’s apartment in my district and give one of them a blessing. It was really weird because she was in her pj's and stuff. Normally we are super careful not to be in any inappropriate situations with the sisters and here I was in their house while she was in pj's and I felt super uncomfortable, but it was a really good experience.
The other story this week happened when we went to a less active family’s house and there were two youth who are super inventive.  It was awesome because they made me this thing to put over my camera flash to turn it into a black light. So needless to say I drew on myself in highlighter and took some pictures.
Also, this week I was at a p-day activity just playing sports at the branch building in the sister’s district and these two girls from the other branch saluted me with a kiss on the cheek. I just froze because I had no idea what to do. It’s only happened to me a few other times, but it was funny because a few members and the hermanas started laughing at my facial expression. Apparently it was super awkward; typical Dominican missionary story. 
But anyway this week was super awesome as well because my district got 3 baptisms. I was super proud of them. We are all working really hard and I feel like I'm getting more comfortable being a district leader. It’s pretty fun apart from all the numbers and stuff like that.
I think dad that you should tell the kids preparing to serve a mission to start reading the scriptures with the mind of an investigator, looking for how to explain points of doctrine and reviewing chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel. I think that would help them.  I am planning on taking you all to the Santo Domingo temple when you come! You will love it!!
I love you so much I cant wait for the day to see you again but for right now I've got to work! The field is white and ready to harvest I love you so much! 



Elder Stark




No comments:

Post a Comment