Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 50 San Juan de Maguana: "But it doesn't work!"

Dear Family,

I’m doing really well right now. This p-day we went to a little pueblo and I bought myself a really cool bag that I’m going to start carrying my scriptures in. It was kind of funny because I argued the price down a ton!!! I just kept saying that I saw another place selling them for less and the lady sold it to me for pretty cheap. I also did the bargaining for another sister missionary. They always try to rip me off because I’m white, but it doesn’t work! The work here is going pretty good! This week I’m going to baptize a little kid whose dad is inactive. Should be fun. It will be my second time in the water!
I hope that all the plans for Thanksgiving go well. I don’t know what I’ll do, maybe buy a big coke and drink it up on my roof. Probably something like that. There are only 2 Americans in my house, so it would be hard to do something, but we’ll see. Anyway, I’m really excited to see Henry wrestle. I think it would be super great to watch. Mom don’t worry too much about the Nica lady not being able to speak English, she will love the hospitality and also Jake can translate with everything, so there won’t be a problem. I am planning on sending you something, Dad. We will see if it gets to you in time. Is there anything you would like? I miss you both like crazy mom and dad. You mean the world to me. I’m super excited to see you guys soon. With Christmas coming up, we will be able to Skype for a while and it should be fun. Is there anything the family wants for Christmas from the DR? Let me know. 

Love,


Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment