Sunday, December 28, 2014

Week 53 San Juan de Maguana: I'm getting a new companion

Dear Family,

Well this week has been very good. I don’t know what it was, but this week my companion and I have been working really well together. We have had a lot more unity in our companionship and have been teaching really well together and it has made this week really fly by. I’m not sure if I told you guys but this was Elder Qu’s last transfer here in the country. He goes home this Wednesday and I’m going to miss that guy.  
So here are some of the adventures of the week. We have been working a lot with less active members, and it was really cool because we found a woman named A, who hasn’t been to church in over 11 years. So we went to her house where she lives with her two kids and her mom.  Because she stopped going to church such a long time ago she is the only member in her house. Anyway, we went there this week and it was a really special experience. She still remembers everything and we just talked about Jesus and how He created a plan with steps to help us return to our Father’s presence. It was a really sweet experience, but then her mother came in and started trying to argue with us about Joseph Smith. Before we could even respond, A, who hadn’t gone to church in eleven years, started defending Joseph Smith. It was a super cool thing to see that even after all this time; she still had a testimony of the truth. I was pretty happy to be there at that moment.
Then we had another really cool experience with one of our investigators named F. We had not visited him for a week or so when he called us to ask if we could stop by and talk to him more. Now that might not seem like much, but that is literally the first time on my mission that an investigator has called us to set an appointment! We are trying to help him understand the great apostasy, but it’s a bit tough. But yeah, that’s my week.
Oh and I’m getting a new companion named Elder K.  He is Tongan, but from Utah. I haven’t met him yet but I’m pretty excited to have him! So that’s my week. I’ll see you this Christmas, mom and dad.


Love,


Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment