Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 17 Santo Domingo: It's hard to say goodbye to a companion


Dear Family,

So last Monday Elder M and I went to the store and got some fabric so that I could get 3 pairs of pants made. Super fun! I got to pick out some cool fabrics for the pants and then also some crazy fabric for the inside and the pockets so then we took it to a seamstress and so now I’ve got three pairs of pants on the way. Then we went around our area so that M could say bye to people. It was super sad.

Tuesday was Elder M’s last day. We just did some shopping and hung out at a ward member’s house till it was time to leave. Super, super, super sad saying goodbye to him. After he left, I didn’t really want to sleep so I stayed up drank a litter of coke and ate 2 doughnuts. I didn’t just waste my time though; I ironed all my shirts that night :)

And then the next day the bomb hit! The office elders called me in the morning and said, “Hey you know you are getting a new comp today, right?” Anyway, they dropped of my comp who is a Dominican guy that is preparing to serve a mission. I will be with him for 5 days before transfers. So needless to say I am living in a house with all Latinos and sort of training one of them at the same time. The Hermana’s in our zone baptized my companion 3 weeks ago... but we went out to work and it was all right. 

Then the next day we had a trainer/trainee meeting. Then we had exchanges and I was with Elder Mo. It was good because Elder E could explain things to my kid in Spanish about how to be a missionary. Anyway it was a good day! I’ve also been calling my friend Elder F at night just for the chance to speak English, because most days I don’t.

Friday we had a good day, but it was kind of stressful leading the area again. I’m still sick and so Dominicans have been giving me a bunch of cures that supposedly work. So far I’ve drank like 4 types of tea, two weird juices, two shots of Aloe Vera with sugar, and one shot of honey with lime juice! Pretty gross, except for the tea. I like that! Anyway I still have a cough.

Then Saturday I ran around my area all morning inviting everybody to general conference! Turned out we had conference in the stake center because it wasn’t working in the chapel. This had bad news and good news. The good news was I got to watch it in English; the bad news is we only had one investigator show up. Anyway then I taught a super spiritual lesson with a family I’m teaching about the restoration! Super good; they loved it!!!!

Sunday we had general conference, which was awesome! Then I found out about transfers in the evening. I’m getting a new companion, but I have no idea who he is. I’ll find out today! Also, another elder named Elder H and I are the only 2 gringos still in the zone. The rest got transferred!

This morning I picked up my pants at the seamstress, so now I’ve got a pair of grey pants with little mermaid pockets, a blue pair with Avengers pockets, and a black pair with Hawaiian tropical print pockets. All tailored specifically for me!!! Super happy about that!!!

Love you all,

Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment