Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 81: La Fe: Ouch!!

Well, what a week! So I can’t remember when things happened, but we have had an eventful week. There was one day when we were walking home from lunch and as I was talking with my companion I ran into an electrical box that I didn’t even see. I hit the box hard! My companion was really worried that I had a concussion. Luckily I didn’t because I had to walk home, but as I ran my hands through my hair I realized that I had cut myself. As I walked back to the house everybody gave me a weird look. It turns out I was actually bleeding pretty badly, but it was funny seeing people faces as I walked back home! Anyway, it didn’t hurt too badly, so we went out to work and that same day we placed 2 baptismal dates!

One was with a very very nice lady named Alt. who lives in this tiny, tiny, tiny house. (Her whole house is probably 115 square feet. To get in you have to squeeze between a wall and a staircase and then walk down a tiny ally and climb through her bathroom to get to her house) It’s a bit crazy. But she is a very sweet old lady who never learned how to read, so the teaching is a bit slow, but she is progressing little by little

The other was a mujer joven (young woman) who is the grand daughter of a very strong member. The little girl’s name is M and she is a very sweet, helpful little girl. Her grandmother, Hermana Milagros has a son who is disabled. He is missing part of his brain and has some physical problems with his legs. His name is Cesar and he gets in bad moods a lot of the time and M is always at her grandmother’s house helping her with Cesar and cleaning. She is very shy and very intelligent and loves to learn, so it’s a lot of fun teaching her. She is 12.

We are also going crazy trying to coordinate the baptisms of E and A, but I think we are coming to the end and they are both ready! I am very excited to see them get baptized! They are both full of the joy of the gospel and it’s so cool that I can see the light of the gospel in their faces. They both have very distinct personalities, but the gospel only enhances the good parts of our lives and of who we are!

Well I’m very grateful for all the support.

Love you all,


Elder Stark






No comments:

Post a Comment