Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week 72: Herrera: New Companion

Dear Mom and Dad,

Wow, that’s really cool about all the stuff going on back home with nose surgery, root canal, chickens, marriages, and baby and Kingsburg! Sounds like a really fun week. By the way, good luck beating my score on Kingsburg. Yo soy lo mejor! y nunca perderĂ©.

Well this week has been very interesting. So first off, right after I got done writing you guys last week I got a call from president and he told me two things. One, that I would not be getting a mini-missionary, but an Elder R from Guatemala. What happened was that they were going to send Elder R to be with Elder Le, but they had already been comps and they did not get along. Anyway Elder Le is a good friend of mine and so I was pretty nervous to get Elder R. But we are working things out.

Then the other thing the mission president told me is that this week he and the Stake President here in Herrera were going to go out on visits with me. So I was kind of freaking out about that. But this Wednesday it went really well. We visited M and she was super happy and impressed that they came to her house. She made a comment at one point that they should be staying in fancy hotels and stuff, but that they came to her humble house!
We also went by the M family’s house and they shared their testimonies with us. Wow was it powerful! They are recent converts and the mom’s testimony made me cry it was so sweet and genuine. Anyway, we had a few other lessons with them, which also went very well.

But yeah, it was a great week and we are working hard. Sorry I can’t write much.

Love,


Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment