Thursday, January 9, 2014

Week 5 MTC: Crazy Adventures!


Dear Family,

So this week was interesting. I had good days and bad days. On Friday we got to go on splits with the other missionaries in the West Mission, which was awesome.  I got to see a bit of Santo Domingo. It’s very crazy here. There is trash everywhere and no traffic laws are ever followed!!! We went to a stake center in the mission and then were assigned someone to go with. I was assigned a guy from Rupert, Idaho! We started walking and it was great. As we were walking, I saw a bunch of army guys on mopeds riding through the street with M16 looking guns in their hands. It was nuts!  We went to one lady’s house and taught a lesson. She didn’t seem too happy with it, but after that we went contacting. We had two really good contacts that day. One was a woman that we were able to share a message with on her porch. She was holding her baby that looked like it was only a couple weeks old. But that was a good contact. I was able to bear my testimony to her and it was super cool! The other good contact was another lady who said she teaches at the university.  Before we met her, my “companion” was buzzing all the houses in this apartment building trying to get someone to let us in. When I realized the door was unlocked, we just went in.  Apparently, sometimes it’s hard to get into places like this. My comp was sneaking past all the windows so I asked him why, and he said, “I don’t was the guard to see us.” So I asked him which one was the guard.  He said that it was the guy outside with the AK47, and I got a little scared. But my comp assured me that he would only ask us to leave if he saw us. So that was an awesome adventure!!!!
On Sunday this week I burned my hand helping make pizza for all the districts.  The pizza was really good, so I didn’t mind! And yeah, that was pretty much my week :) super fun! That’s awesome about Henry turning 11 pretty soon. Crazy stuff! I bet Owen is doing great in wrestling, which is awesome!

Love you guys,

Elder Stark part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment