Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 38 San Juan de Maguana: What type of personality does Yogi Bear have?


Hey Mom and Dad,

I loved your emails! Thank you so much. So dad had several questions that I will try to answer. Climate wise this area is very green, but it doesn’t usually rain a ton. However, this week we have had a bit of a storm every other day. It rains really hard. Yesterday, we had to hide out in this half-built house to get out of the rain because we were freezing! Yeah, I know you guys would have thought it was warm, but I felt cold. I live in a really rich area right now and we spend a lot of time contacting, but there are also very, very poor parts of my area, so it’s pretty interesting. Everybody here is super relaxed and it’s sometimes hard to get them to do things, but that’s alright. This place has a wonderful atmosphere. Members here are good, but the ones that actually do their callings are few and far between. That can be a little tough, but there are some fantastic members!

My Spanish is good and I can understand everything and express myself well enough.  I still have joint pain (from the Chikungunya), but just in the morning. I do think I have a cavity, so I am going to get the checked out soon.  But I have been eating well. I have completely cut out soda and most candy!

Today for p-day, our district and another went on a jungle hike. We were able to go see waterfalls and caves! We just got back and went straight to the internet center and I am still soaking wet. I forgot the cord to my camera, so I will have to send the pictures next week.

I don’t have much time, but I will go through a summary of what happened and how San Juan is.

So this week we worked really hard. We have been working a lot with less active members and have been asking them for referrals of new people to teach. Thus far it’s been going fairly well. We found a girl named C. She had previously investigated the church, and she has been progressing really well. She read everything we left for her. I’m pretty exited about her because she has also been to church the last 2 weeks.

My comp and I are getting along really well. Elder J is a cool guy and we work hard. We have a lot in common and yesterday he told me I have the personality of Yogi Bear. (I think that was a compliment) He’s really cool, not dorky at all, and he reminds me of an older, laid-back version of Shan.

I love you guys and miss you,

Elder Bailey Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment