Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 36 San Juan de la Maguana: My house has a hot water heater!







Hey everybody,

So this is week one in the campo of San Juan de la Maguana, and I have thus far lived! I’m just kidding. This area is super cool and I have lots to tell about it.

So my new area is in the city of San Juan de la Maguana. The main city is pretty rich. This is where our house is and where we do most of our work. Our area is huge, absolutely massive! There are tons of people here in the city, but they aren’t very receptive to the gospel. In our area we also have some pueblitos, which are very cool. There’s one that we went to, called Jenova that takes almost an hour to walk to. There are a bunch of goats and pigs in the streets over there. It’s pretty awesome.

The neighborhood that we live in is super nice. Our house is just around the corner from the church, and my zone leader told me that this house is the nicest house in the mission. It’s huge and super nice! And the best part is that it has a hot water heater!!! I was so happy when I heard that. My new comp is Elder J. He’s from Canada, but his parents are Mexican, so he knows perfect Spanish. He’s 25 years old and has 10 months in the mission. Right now there are actually 8 elders living in the house because there is another district in the zone looking for a house. But here in the house is our district Elder M, Elder R, my comp and I. We live with the zone leader, which I think is pretty cool. Also in the mornings, if we wake up at 6:00 instead of 6:30, there is a tennis coach that shows up to teach people at the tennis courts near our house. He has been teaching the missionaries for free. So we do that a lot and it’s a ton of fun. If I stay here for 6 months I’ll probably get pretty good at tennis!

Right now we have 2 progressing investigators, which is a bit tough because in Manoguyabo I had 14 investigators that had a baptismal date, and almost all of them were progressing very well. Here there isn’t much success. Not many people really want to hear us. But that’s all right. We will work super hard until this area booms! 

I love you all and hope everything is going well. Take care and I’ll be home before you know it!

Elder Bailey Stark



No comments:

Post a Comment